Prepare and Use
Scone Mix Yield Guide Dry mix: 1kg, Approx water: 440ml, Approx scones 6cm straight, 7cm fluted: 28. Dry mix: Whole Bag 3.5kg, Approx water: 1.55L, Approx scones 6cm straight, 7cm fluted: 98. Dry mix: 1lb, Approx water: 7floz, Approx scones 6cm straight, 7cm fluted: 12. Dry mix: Whole Bag 7lb 1loz, Approx water: 2 pts 14floz, Approx scones 6cm straight, 7cm fluted: 98.
Make-up Instructions 1. Place the McDougalls Scone Mix into a mixing bowl fitted with a beater attachment.
2. Blend in the correct amount of cold water using a beater on a Slow speed until a dough is formed. Do Not Overmix.
3. Transfer dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until just smooth. Roll out to 18mm (3/4") thickness. Cut out scones using a 6cm straight edge pastry cutter (7cm fluted). Place the scones on a greased baking tray. Brush with beaten egg for a glazed finish.
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C/425°F/Gas Mark 7 for 10-15 minutes. For fan-assisted ovens bake at 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
To Make Doughnuts: 1. Roll out the dough to approx 6mm and cut into rings, then place onto a flavoured tray.
2. Deep fry at 180°C/350°F (turning occasionally) until golden brown and cooked through.
3. Drain and coat with icing or dip in caster sugar.
4. Serve within 24 hours. Useful hints and tips... This mix also makes doughnuts (see make up instructions). As a guide 10% to 15% of added ingredients, such as sultanas or dried cherries are ideal. Good results will still be achieved on second and third rolling. Rolled out scones can be chilled overnight and then baked the next morning. For golden brown scones, glaze with egg or milk prior to baking. Baked scones are freeze-thaw stable. For best results once opened, keep bag tightly closed and use within 2 months.
The Premier Foods Group, PO Box 66093, London, W4 9EX, UK.